Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Click ...Beep.. Beep... groan

It was really hard getting out of bed this morning. I got carried away last night reading a book and did not want to get out for my run this morning.

10 minutes later I rolled out out and grabbed Holly (the ever happy lab) and we were off into the darkness to the Coastal Trail. The first kms or so were more a case of pain management until I loostened up a bit but it was about 20 degrees at 5:30 so I soon realised it was going to be a bit of a slow plod this morning. I don't normally do the Coastal Trail this early in the morning as the first one through the trail gets all the cob-webs that have been made overnight. Today was no exception and I spent a lot of time checking or wondering if I had a spider on my arm/leg/hair etc..

The bay was ultra-still and was being used locally by just the one swimmer and about 10 sea kayakers all in a "pod". Perhaps they were life savers doing some training or something but they don't usually get out so early...

Anyway it was 10.6kms at more than 6min pace today. A bit more than required by my program (but slower). Seeing had the opportunity I thought why not ..and it was much nicer running without an over-hang!

7 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, Blogger CJ said...

I'm hoping to get some running in while down at merimbula - or at least a shuffle, if nothing else!

Holly must look forward to these runs even if you find it hard to get out!

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Cirque said...

You're a good lad Wobbly. I woke up at 5.30 and then rolled over and went back to sleep. How are the shins holding up?

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

How to wake up easy at that time? Even with out reading...
But at least you can enjoy a decent temperature to run!!

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Nice work Wobbly. That coastal trail sounds like a wonderful place to run (sans spiders of course - eek!)

What were you reading?

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger RunDave said...

Sounds like you may have had a few "arachnoleptic" fits outs there.

 
At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My God Wobbly! I am just catching up on your blog & I thought I'd misread when I saw the reference to your marathon! Who was it said they had no inclination to run a marathon? You obviously had such a fantastic year you changed your mind ;-) On yer!

 
At 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey wobbly,
how's the training going?
can you send me the address of the
place where you buy your shoes
overseas.
email me at.mick@aztecmusic.net.

cheers
mick.(blueboy)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home