Thursday, January 12, 2006

Back on track!

Being the slacker I am, once again I set the alarm for 5am, organised my gear, went to sleep and then turned off the alarm when it went off and slept fitfully (ridden by guilt) for the next hour and a half. I then spent most of the day thinking that if I didn't run this evening my effort for the working week could only be described as crap! So I invented a client meeting and happily drove home at 4pm and went straight out for a run! Any co-workers who read this are hereby sworn to secrecy!!

I went out with Holly and ran down the coastal Trail to Hampton Life Saving Club and then on went on to Sandy Aths to catch up with Coach Tim to confess my running sins!

Following the spiritual cleansing with Coach Tim (thanks for the advice Tim), I ran home feeling much happier until this guy who was jogging on the other side of the road past me. I glanced at Garmin Girl who advised I was already going well at a steady clip of 5:35/km. (Pretty fast for me on a medium/long run actually!) So of course I upped my pace to overtake him (albeit on the other side of the road), I had to get below 5:00/kms to eventually pass him. Thankfully I had to turn towards home after about a km, so once around the corner and out of sight I slowed right back to catch my breath. Holly wasn't sure what was going on but was sure grateful for the slow down.

Anyway I snuck in about 14+kms this afternoon. Put my program for the week right back on track and thoroughly enjoyed the whole run - even throwing in an 800m interval at 4:35/km pace in the last 2k from home. Happy Wobbly!

7 Comments:

At 3:01 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

It is terrible that the best part of the day has to be from stolen time from other. It is hard to start at 5 still... go to bed earlier.

Better not to confess those situations here!

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Katie said...

Woo Hoo Wobbly!!! Glad to see your back on track. It only takes one good run to spur you on! OK I will put the big stick away ;-)
Great finish too- 4:35 pace!!!

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger Lulu said...

Sounds like a bit of competition is what you need to get you moving.. maybe you need another challenge with GG or another blogger!

 
At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wobbly,

Isn't Holly's top speed around 6min per Km?? You'll have Dr Huw Worth and his RSPCA inspectors chasing you down the road if you keep this animal cruelty up!

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Wobbly man said...

In the interests of prevention of cruelty to animals, Holly's long run pace is indeed about 6:00/km - she can do this for abot 16kms before needing to slow. She can however go do 4:30/km pace for a but bounds rather than trots so she can't keep that pace up for more than a km or so.

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Holly needs a Garmin of her own ... and rather than Garmin Girl she could have Garmin Greyhound :-)

 
At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a bit of fartlek creeping in to your program Wobbly! Good to see you are being 'sensibly flexible' about training. Have a good long run on Saturday and enjoy the Sunday golf. Catch you on the trails somewhere (maybe Ferny Ck next weekend?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home