Thursday, January 26, 2006

Aussie Day - Yeah!


I ran yesterday morning at 5:15am on my 9.4k loop around Beaumaris and the Coastal Trail. Nothing much happened, the apprentice was a no-show again and seems to have lost interest since November. I think I better rev him up a bit - it helps to keep me honest too.

Today is Australia Day though; so please crack open a beer, chuck another prawn on the barbeque and enjoy singing our national anthem at the top of your off-key voices!

While you are at it, spare a thought for those brave and hardy souls who are out there defending homes and townships out on fire fronts which are being fanned by 40 knot winds in 40+ degrees in rural Victoria. Those guys and girls epitomise the Australian Spirit!

7 Comments:

At 6:18 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Good on you Wobbly! So true.... those firey's need a huge pat on the back!!!!

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger 2P said...

And so say all of us Wobbly :-)

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

I can do an 'off key' voice! So, that's your holiday house by the beach WM?

Yes, good on you firies.

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I was thinking of the firies all day too, Wobbly....what a contrast to see others celebrating & then these brave souls defending others' lives & property.

I also like your weekender!

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Clairie said...

It was a wonderful day!!!

Great photo Wobbly.

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger CJ said...

I had a lovely Australia Day Wobbly - though no beer, no prawns, and come to think of it, no national anthem. However, i did run and then we watched the fireworks down at Lake Burley Griffin.

And it was encouraging to read, in your previous entry, that you also lie in bed early in the morning trying to figure out ways of rearranging the training program. Honestly, if I spent less time and energy thinking up excuses why I didn't want to get up and just got up, I'd be far more consistent with my training!

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger speedygeoff said...

Oi Oi Oi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home