Sunday, December 18, 2005

A week off

No running (or any other exercise) to report this week and my right shin was all the better for it. Today it was pain free while walking so I went for a bike ride to the library to return the ultramarathon book I had been reading (recomended christmas reading- Ultramarathon man by Dean Karnazes) and managed to fall off my bike and landed with my right shin hitting the pedal. Doh - now its sore again! No wonder I don't get out on my bike much! I am such a klutz sometimes....

Holly enjoyed the run/ride though and was very attentive when I fell off - just like when she I fell over running one early morning during winter. I suspect she wouldn't ever to be the kind of dog that would drag me home when I broke a leg or something but she certainly would keep me hydrated with all the licking she does!

I've also been reading a little on running form lately and have concluded I have some form issues - too much heel and not enough bend in the knees when landing. Something to think about when I start again after my break (Thanks for the article ref. Gronk! -much appreciated mate)

Another week off and I will hopefully start back with some trail and beach running.

I have been missing my early morning runs and was very tempted to joing Greybeard on a long one this morning but instead reaquainted myself with the concept of a Sunday morning sleep-in - very nice indeed.

Might also try to slip in a leg massage this week if I can - just because.

Weight gain so far 77 (+1kg)

9 Comments:

At 6:46 AM, Blogger Lulu said...

Glad to hear the week off has done you good WM. I hope you didn't do any damage on the bike falling off episode! Have a great Christmas and I'm sure you'll have a great 2006; marathon year!

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Hehe. I love my Sunday morning sleep-ins now. It's going to be very hard to get back to getting up early to go running - but I'm sure I'll manage ;-)

Try not to do any more damage on that bike please :-)

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

Running form - is there such a thing. I always thought it was one foot in front of the other - easy to remember. lol

I might have to check out those references.

btw, while you were sleeping the Brimbank/Willi crowd were doing a long one in Willi.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger 2P said...

With that shiny new PB in the bank you can afford a couple of weeks off WM.

And bike riders say running is bad for your body ;-)

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Tesso said...

Hope you made the most of that Sunday sleep in. I can't imagine you'll get to do the same next Sunday, with Santa having been there the night before :-)

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger miners said...

It's the time of year for resting WM - I hope you really enjoyed the sleep-in, and that it did you the world of good. Hope the massage also got slipped into the week's schedule for you too :)

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Have a good rest and come back refreshed for Canberra.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Have a great Christmas mate, don't get too wobbly now ;-)

See ya in 2006!

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Wobbly, I've come to the conclusion that sleep-ins on any day are good training. I hope to see that well practised good running form in Canberra.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home