Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Today's bonus

No running to report I'm afraid. In fact I don't plan on running at all during this week. My right shin is sore and is deserving of some well earned rest after Sunday's abuse.

So what is the bonus I hear you ask? Well the official results were posted from Sunday's race and it turns out I was even more delierious than I thought when I finished as I finished with an even better time than I thought.

What I thought was 48:59 as I was passing the finish line was in fact 48:49 according to the official clock. I have just checked my Garmin splits and yes its right - according to my Garmin it suggests that I finished with a 48:45. I'll take the 48:49 as I am sure I saw the seconds clicking over to something 9 as I passed!

So I sliced off a massive 44 seconds off my September 10k PB! Woohoo! *dances a silly dance*

I intend that my time in the good paddock will be spent eating and building up some reserves for my marathon push so current weight is 76kgs - I expect that will blow out to be over 82 by New Years day. Anyone want to take bets on my new years day weight?

9 Comments:

At 7:26 AM, Blogger Jen said...

That is sensational Wobbly - congratulations. I am so happy for you. All your hard work over the last few months certainly has paid off.

Well done & enjoy your time in the paddock :-)

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger 2P said...

Be careful of eating clover on windy days in that paddock WM :-)

Great to hear you got an unexpected Christmas bonus.

You weigh yourself on New Years Day - are you mad?

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

I reckon you won't let yourself go .... too much.

My money's on 78kg.

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

Glad to hear you're heeding the warning signals and resting when necessary W.
Hmmm...not usually a gambling gal but I agree with Tesso. I'd be surprised if you became particularly bloblike in a few short weeks.

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Lulu said...

Woohoo! That's great Wobbly man. Go easy on the feed in the top paddock and you're still be under 80kgs on NYday.. just, that's my bet!

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Bennyr said...

Six Kg in 21 days? Are you planning on eating all of the cows in the good paddock?

Congrats on the ten seconds.

Cheers,
Ben

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger Gronk said...

Exactly what I thought Benny. Enjoy you time whilst on agistment WM. Hope you have a very merry Xmas.

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Gronk said...

Heya WM. Thanks for leaving a message on my blog. My Physio (CR PhysioLarry) put me straight on the soft sand this time around tarting off at 10 mins only and then progessing slowly upwards. See my post of 1/11/05 for more info.

One thing for sure is that they can hound you for a fair while - I've had them for most of this year (and still have them with the pain about 2/10 right now). I can be feeling fine and then break into a run crossing the road at work and pull up sore. They're a real bugger !

Best of luck with yours !

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Gronk said...

Er, should have been "starting off" rather than "tarting off". LOL. Freudian slip perhaps ?. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home