Thursday, December 01, 2005

Thursday morning rainbows

I wanted to run hard this morning as the weather forecast was for a hot day and I didn't fancy doing speed work in 30 degrees! Not that my shin is up to it anyway :(

Out at 5:45am and onto my coastal torture trail to do the stairs and the steep ramp down to Half moon bay. As I hit the coastal trail I noticed a beautiful rainbow out over the bay and stared at its beauty against the purply pink sunrise clouds. Man it was beautiful and there was just me and Holly to enjoy it (oh, and a bazillion flies).

My newly named torture trail takes 3 loops of a set of 60 stairs and a very steep ramp and then a slong slowish hill and then a short one on a sandy base.

I made it around okay - not quite as fast as I would have liked but I can blame Holly for slowing me down a little bit.

12.4kms 1:15:00

Shin pain 3.5/5

Oh, I snuck in a little 6k run on Tuesday morning too - but that was very uneventful and I won't bore you with that.

8 Comments:

At 8:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must have just missed you yesterday morning. I ran the coastal path from Ricketts Point north to Hampton and back. Garmin battery was dead unfortunately - still haven't set auto-off!

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Katie said...

Yuck...3 sets of 60 steps- that definately sounds like a torture trail :-)

The rainbow sounds great!!

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Tesso said...

Aren't there some runs where you just wished you taken a camera along? Maybe you could strap a run-cam to Holly's collar!

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Sorry to hear about your shin pain :-(

I think Holly-cam is a fab idea!

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Gronk said...

Good to see that the shins are at least allowing you to keep running mate. I'm no expert (der) but ice, ice, ice and more ice ! Have a great weekend !

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger 2P said...

Torture trail - I love it! And don't you just love when nature turns on a show for you, makes it all worthwhile.

Holly-cam LOL :-)

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Bennyr said...

Sounds like exquisite torture, Wobbly. Our sport is great for combining beauty with pain like that.

Nice work with blaming the dog - this technique is also good for flatulence ;)

Cheers,
Ben

 
At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done WM. I have been knocked flat by a combination of work, heat and food poisoning this week so missed speedwork too. Hope to see you at the BBQ.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home