Tuesday, December 27, 2005

I'm on a roll

Okay, enough Christmas frivolity - this is afterall (mostly) a running blog.

Why am I on a roll? Well being out there "in the good paddock" for the past few weeks has seen my waistline steadily expand and my weight increase. Three kilos so far and that is about as far as I will let it go.

So it was lace on the Adrenalines and get out the door before the heat set in. With a forecast of 35 degrees today a 7am start was the go (urgh!). Today I ran with fellow cool runners Greybeard and AndrewinOz and Holly (the ever happy lab). We took in the Coastal Trail from Rickett's Point to Hampton Surf Life Saving Club and return (roughly 13-14k).
Coastal Trail at Hampton (and Wobblette #2)

Holly and I led most of the way (she loves to be in front) but unfortunately my legs couldn't hold the pace towards the end particularly on the soft sand so we walked/ran the last 500m or so.

An enjoyable coffee and a natter with Greybeard followed at the kiosk while we compared thoughts on Canberra Marathon strategies. Expect a declaration of intention post on that shortly....

Its time to ice my shin (preventative) now and afterwards I think we are all going to see a "family" movie. A movie review will follow in the next post...

8 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger Cirque said...

I'm glad the icing was only preventative this time around W. I'm looking forward to hearing this exciting new 'declaration'.

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Great shot of the Wobblette :-) That coastal train looks so nice!

Like Cirque, I'm very much looking forward to that declaration.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Er, I meant coastal trail. Tho I'm sure the train would be nice if there was one.

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Lulu said...

I'm suffering some expansion as well due to lack of running. I'm sure you'll soon be back to normal! Especially with all the training you'll be doing for Canberra,

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Woo Hoo... another Canberra Debut!!! I can not wait for your declaration! Ohhh do share any secret strategy... I need all the tips I can get :-) My declaration is to get there, to finish and hopefully sub 4hrs :-) I cant wait to share the journey!

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Jen said...

What a great photo!

Now as for my photos; I dont have a photo of our Christmas tree - will a photo of me in a Santa hat suffice ?

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger RunDave said...

Hi Wobblyman,
I was fiddling around with my blog setup yesterday and "borrowed" some html from you to do a new mileage table, but now I seem to have pushed all the sidebar contents down to the bottom of the page. Do you have any ideas where I might have gone wrong?
Thanks, RunDave.

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Hi Wobbly,

Good to see you getting out in the heat :) got to burn off those xmas calories!

Can't wait to hear the Canberra Marathon strategies...

I think you got my blog mixed up with rundaves, I'm pretty happy with my sidebar at the moment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home