Friday, December 23, 2005

Friday check-in (2 week holiday commences!)


In the spirit of Christmas here is a pic of our Christmas tree (and me if you look hard enough). Fellow bloggers - I want to see your trees too!

No exercise to report yet but I am thinking about doing some soon. Honest....

Today I could hardly feel any soreness in my right lower leg while walking and although I can still find a sore spot I am thinking I may try a bit of a "quasi" run tomorrow afternoon. I'm thinking I will dust of the rollerblades and go for a little roll. Now I can almost hear you lot out there saying "what sort of injuries will poor Wobbly sustain on this folly" but let me assure you, I am better equipped than a medieval knight when it comes to my rollerblading exploits. Hands, wrists, elbows, head and knees are all plastic body armour protected.

In fact somewhat amazingly, the only injury I can think of that hs been sustained from my rollerblading was when I took Anna (then apr 6 month old) for a "roll" in the pram and I managed to get some sort of weird "power-wobble" thing happening and the pram and I wobbled over spilling poor Anna onto the pavement while an aghast Mrs W looked on in abject horror. I remember the look on the faces of the onlookers, what an irresponsible parent! Somehow the only injury sustained (thank you again to the patrol saint of injury prevention - whoever you are) was a minor scrape on Anna's hand. Needless to say I was never allowed to wheel any children along while wearing roller blades ever again. Oh, and I never did raise the possibility of using the backpack and kiddie helmet which I think would have been much safer....

So I am thinking of a small bike ride in the morning - to buy some new fangled cantilever brakes followed by the inevitable string of jobs around the house preparing for Christmas lunch with my parents. Then, if time permits, a roller blade in the late afternoon - I may ask Anna to follow me on her bike if she doesn't get too freaked out at the thought of me being nearby on rollerblades! Once finished I will partake in afternoonsies while trying to retrofit said brakes to the treddlie.

I may try either a soft trail run or a sand run on boxing day to try out my running legs again.

No running now since my December 11th 10k race, weight gain since then nearly 2kgs (now a smidge under 78kg)

9 Comments:

At 1:47 AM, Blogger D said...

I think I have the right blog here. Considering my Australian blogger buds comment, I will assume this is the same Wobbly Man that left a comment on my site. Thank you for that! I haven't done a spin class but I have done a lot of biking during this injury and will be started that again yesterday.

Nice tree! You're rollerblade story was cracking me up! Maybe you should keep some distance between your daughter and you while attempting to rollerblade again...lol. Merry Christmas!

 
At 5:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wobbly - good to read your funny blog, a great way to keep in touch while I am here in the GWN of Canada.

Hope you all have a great Christmas day together, I am still praying to the Guatamalan Gods for snow, however its quite mild with lots of rain but having a good time.

Keep those kilo's off while your gorge yourself on Christmas Fare. Bobs says you have nothing to worry about, he is a tubby lard arse!!!
Love Ali xx (sister, no running ability but artistically talented)

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Hey Wobbly,

I'm sorry, I don't have a Christmas tree to take a photo of *shock, horror* - though I did notice the glass of wine in your Christmas tree photo ;-)

Wishing you and your family a wonderful and safe Chrissy. I hope Santa is kind to you :-) Mr Jen sends his regards

Love
J xx

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Lulu said...

Sorry, no Chrissie tree here either! I do have some nice blue icicle lights hanging off the balcony which is our only nod to Christmas decorations.

I'd like a picture of the roller blading knight though please!

Have a great day WM and a very happy 2006!

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

No run since Dec 11, 2 kg up and still xmas lunch, dinner to be had. Is there a pattern emerging......lol

Thanks for you comments my way and hope you and family have a Merry Xmas and Happy New Year.

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Gee WM I'm putting on weight and still running - all this Christmas cheer.... I'm envious that you have only put on 2kg with no training - your party metabolism must be faster than mine :-(

Have a great Christmas WM - stay safe and enjoy.

Cheers, 2P :-)

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Will have a photo of xmas tree once I find the camera - it has obviously been put somewhere safe and I've forgotten where that is!! Have a happy and safe Christmas and a wonderful new year Wobbly!!!

 
At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Christmas Duncan! Just take it easy on all those wheeled machines of yours. We need you on your feet for some Wobbly runs in training for Canberra!

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

I hope you, Mrs W and the wobblettes had a wonderful Christmas Wobbles. I'll take a picture of our tree asap.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home