Saturday, December 03, 2005

The Coastal Torture Trail again

After bumping into Cathyp this afternoon who was bounding along a coastal path while I was measuring the Cool Running Christmas run for tomorrow I felt the need to get out and run myyself today. Fortunately for me AndrewinOZ was up for a late one.

We met at Rickett's Point and followed the Coastal torture trail taking all available ramps and stairs on more than one occassion.

Despite the hard work-out we came home after 12kms and put in a strong last km under 5mins. The increased distances since June and increased consistency are paying of I think.

After my late night at the office Christmas bash last night I am so ready for a good night's sleep and am looking forward to catching up with lots of Cool Runners tomorrow.

I hope everyone doing their Central Coast Runs tomorrow have great runs - will be sending some powerfilled thoughts to Gronk and Go Girly especially.

12.1km 1:11:51

Serious taper time now - feet up and resting/icing my right shin.

4 Comments:

At 5:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Juat think of how fit you're going to be for Canberra in April...I won't be able to get anywhere near you....except for a hug afterwards!

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Hi Wobbly - yes it is marathon training for Canberra next year. i'm following the program on the Canberra marathon website - its an 18 week program. Lets see how the old bod holds up!!!

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Gronk said...

Best of luck with your 10km on Sunday WM. Hope the old legs get you home with a new PB !

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

"Old legs"??? You'll have to thump Gronk for saying that, Wobbly! I hope you & all the Wobbly family have a wonderful Christmas & that Santa is good to you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home