Friday, December 30, 2005

2005 that is all folks. Now for 2006!

I was going to write a "year in review" post but the possibility of sending half the blogging world to sleep and then having to listen to your snoring until somebody woke you up was just too much for this little koala bear to handle. So instead its just the 2005 highlights and 2006 goals!

April 2005 - getting my eyes lasered and now having unbelievably clear vision for the first time.

May 2005 - Pacing Slojo on her first Half Marathon at Williamstown.

July 2005 - Pacing some very special (Sydney) Cool Running ladies on the City to Surf. The whole trip to Sydney, the race and the post race celebrations still put a smile on my face when I think about it!

September 2006 - Breaking the seemingly insurmountable 50 minute 10k barrier by 1 minute 30 secs!

December 2006 - Breaking my 10K PB again and the whole 10k Blogger Challenge with Go Girl

Now that is all just (memorable for me) history! Its now onwards and upwards!

2006 Goals:

* To see off these shin splints once and for all!

* Complete my first marathon smiling. Canberra in April 06 being my first attempt.

* Help somebody achieve a personal running goal (by pacing or however else I am able to help)

* Get myself at least one pair of these suckers! Topless Sandals

7 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

Sounds like 2005 was a great year, and 2006 will be even better. Let me guess, the topless sandals are just in case you ever have to use a public shower?

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Jen said...

2005 was a great year for both of us - thinking about the City to Surf brings a smile to my face too - and 2006 is going to be ever better !!

Wishing you a wonderful NYE & all the best for 2006,

J xx

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Lulu said...

2005 sounds like it was a good one but I'm sure 2006 will be even better. Perhaps I'll borrow you for some pacing duties again sometime:)

Have a great NYE and a fantastic 2006! I'll be there to cheer you across the line at the Canberra marathon so I'll be able to check if you're smiling!

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Ok Wobbly... how about another challenge or virtual pact???? April 9th... you, me and hundreds of others will be standing nervously on the start line of our first marathon! You will certainly help me achieve my goal with lots of virtual support and the odd slap in the virtual head. If we can support each other we will definately be there!!!
Have a happy and safe new year!

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Congrats on a fantastic year Wob!

It was great to chat you over an ale or two post C2S. I'm looking forward to doing the same come April.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and the fam.

See ya in 2006!

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

All the best for 2006.

 
At 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Managing to run 28km with you guys was one of my highlights of 2005. Bring on 2006!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home