Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Wednesday easy

It was my first run with Holly the wonder dog his morning. Its been about 11 or 12 weeks since we ran together last and since her 10 puppies I was afraid she would have lost some of her fitness. I needn't have worried - in fact she was out in front leading strongly the whole way around our 9.5km loop.

My shins were fine the entire run but now I have stopped the pain is back while walking so its "ice time" and a few rest or very easy days.

I'm hoping to do a long run this weekend but will only do this if my shins are feeling good.

Another first today was my first run with Garmin boy. Although I have set the pace alerts too close to each other and need to turn them off for my easy runs I think it will be a great asset - either that or I have wasted $150. There is lots for me to learn on how to use it properly it seems. Maybe I should read the manual?

9.5k 51:51

7 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Blogger Gronk said...

Real men don't read manuals for at least a few weeks WM.

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger 2P said...

Mums are tough!

On the bright side any future frustration with Garmin Boy might take your mind off your shins :-)

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger CJ said...

I have set the alert on Garmin Girl to beep every km rather than for pace. I find if you play around with the Garmin you tend to figure it out eventually. You'll find it useful particularly for runs where you want to push yourself a bit harder.

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger miners said...

Hope the shins keep behaving themselves WM - and glad to now you're enjoying the Garmin.

I use the same setting as CJ - a beep every km is perfect. The pace alert is a pain, unless you make sure you set a very wide pace range (otherwise it will beep incessantly at you to "slow down" "speed up").

Can't wait to hear about your first attempt at taking on the virtual partner!

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Tesso said...

Good to hear Holly is working hard to get back pre-baby body :-)

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

Good luck with the Garmin W.
Maybe Holly could help you work it out?

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger RunDave said...

If I can get the gyroscope to bribe policemen with a printed circuit board, the peanut will walk down the aisle with a whale and I'll be able to bubble-wrap a bridge!

Now that is random surrealism!

Reading the manual is the last resort.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home