Saturday, November 12, 2005

Thursday and Saturday

Thursday speedwork in the rain with Tim's group was hard as usual. Becasue it was cold and raining we had a continous session which went a bit like 15 min warm up jog, 100m strides with jog back, the 6 x 400m with 200m float recovery. I completed them all and then put in a couple of really slow warm down laps. I never feel quite as exhausted as I do on Thursday nights - I suppose its doing some good but I don't feel it yet.

This morning I put in a small 6km run which was wierd because while I was running I really started to question why I was running this morning at all. The run had no real purpose except to just get the legs turning over again after a rest day. Bumped into Greybeard who was also out for a small Saturday 5k. I have some shin probs developing again and have been using Neurofen gel but I will need to start icing again.

With Go Girl's blistering 10k time this week I am feeling like I will have quite a challenge on my hands to better her 10k race time. I have no real idea what sort of form I am in other than with a mini-taper I think I should be close to a PB. Time will tell I guess but first to get these shins back under control..

4 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Sorry to hear that your shins are a little unhappy at the moment. Mine are always unhappy after speed sessions. Hope you get them back under control asap. You have a fight on your hands !

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

I sometimes wonder if speed work is doing me good. Though I always feel great afterwards, so even if I'm not getting any faster its worth it just for that.

And what's this 'close to a PB' crap - we want a PB from you!

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

Watch those shins WM. You need to nip 'em in the bud if they think they can get the better of you. Team Wobbly is closely following your progress....

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Hey WM another thing you might try is Brauer Joint and Muscle Sports Ice Gel. Luckily I rarely get shin sore, but when I do I use Nuerofen Gel before I run then the Brauer afterward (post icing of course). It has arnica which assists healing.

It really is hotting up between you and GG - I don't think either of you can lose :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home