Sunday, November 06, 2005

Sunny Sunday long run with the lads

After yesterday's somewhat punishing morning run my legs were not feeling much like they should before a Sunday long run. They felt a tad weary and would have preferred a rest. Not so, I am punishing myself for Thursday's marginal effort still so it was out the door to meet up with Greybeard for the jog to Ricketts Point to meet up with AndrewinOz and Blue boy. About a km into the jog down there I was feeling "oh dear, this is going to be ugly! (picture one of those Nike ads)

Once we all got going and chatting though it was quite cruisy and I think Andrew said we went down in about a 5:45pace (which felt quite comfy) and before we knew it we were stopped at the end of the Mordi pier (half way) to catch our breath and take in the beautiful view. The run back was equally comfy and uneventful at about a 5:55 pace.

Slipping off at Reserve road for my jog home alone (mostly uphill) I felt weary and tired and took a couple of walk breaks under the trees as its quite warm down here today. Back home and after a cool down I feel good and pleased I put in the effort this morning - besides, its great to have a run and a chat with good company.

I am looking forward to my 10k race in early December and hope its not as warm as last year. Another 10k Pb would set off what has been a great running year for me. Look outGo Chick there is some fight left in this old bloke yet!

17kms 1:40

3 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

Oh Gee, this is getting hard. Not sure who to put my money on now....

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Sounds like a great weekend wobbles - I like the sound of those stairs!

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger CJ said...

I like your banner Wobbly. Sounds like the running is coming along fine - we are all looking forward to your 10km race in December!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home