Sunday, November 27, 2005

Sunday long and easy (well kind of)

Running late (pun intended) this morning I belted out the door to find Rob had already gone. Hoping he would stop for a chat with Andrew at Beach Rd I pushed it along a little at about a 4:30 pace to try and catch up. Still not in sight! I kept the fast pace going thinking if I don't catch them I will turn it into a 12km loop at a good pace. Rounding a corner I saw them in the distance and pushed again to catch up - finally they heard my pathetic no-breath yells and stopped and thankfully walked with me for a little while as I caught my breath following my attempt at lactic suicide (great term Andrew).

An uneventful run followed as we all enjoyed a good chat and enjoyed the beautiful views along the coastal trail. Weather was windy, sunny and cool - perfecvt for running. Reaching Green Point, out intended turn-around point I noticed Garmin boy indicating 14+kms and realised this was going to be one of my longest runs so far - after my first 4kms at roughly 4:30/km pace I started to wonder how ugly it was going to get towards the end. Towards the end of the Coastal Trail section I put in a 5:15/km section and my legs felt good and by breathing controlled. That was until we stopped and I felt a strong need to sit before falling over as my legs began to cramp up a little. Off for the last couple of kms - all gentle uphill and then home for a shower and slap up breakfast.

29.1 kms 2:50:00 (roughly)

Rest day tomorrow thankfully

Shin pain: 2/5

7 Comments:

At 6:09 PM, Blogger Lulu said...

Sounds like a great run WM. You managed a good time even after your attempt at lactic suicide! Hope you're enjoying the company of Garmin Boy. See you next Sunday.

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Robert Song said...

Sounds like you dodged the bullet there WM. Must be a good sign that you survived and managed over 29K.

HAve a good rest day.

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

2/5 isn't TOO bad for shin pain W, but I hope we can get it down to 0/5 before the big 10k challenge. Sounds like you're running well in general though. Sending good thoughts.

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Big run - glad you are not the late WM :-)

Good to hear the shin pain index is down - hoping it will fall further and you can clean up ;-)

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Wow. What a great run Wobbly - particularly with your lactic suicide effort at the start (what a great phrase!)

Take care of those shins!

J.

 
At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As much as I would love to claim credit, I'm pretty sure that it was the European running guru Rudolf who coined the phrase "lactic suicide"......

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Sounds like a good controlled run Wobbly - first 4km at 4.30min pace - nothing like a heart starter!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home