Saturday, November 05, 2005

Saturday's Tuesday repeat

It was another early start to squeeze in a run before my little Aths commitments with the Wobblettes.

After my somewhat diasapointing effort on Thursday's pyramid session I felf like testing myself a little - to try and get used to running with some discomfort and not weakening.

Today is a gobsmackingly beautiful morning here in Melbourne - the best this side of winter by far. It was chilly when I headed out (about 11 degrees) and took quite a while to warm up. I put in 3 x stairs at Sandringham and did the Half Moon Bay ramp and also put in an increasing surge (sprinting at the top) all the way up the Balcombe Rd hill.

I feel like I need to push myself out of my comfort zone more often than I do. Perhaps I will make this a regular route for my Tuesday morning sessions - its probably a bit much for the day before a long run. Then again, mornings like today's are meant to be made the most of aren't they?

13k 1:20

1 Comments:

At 8:15 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Absolutely Wobbly - I agree the mornings are wonderful at the moment. I love this time of year. How's the 10km training going?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home