Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Melb Cup madness

After a rest day yesterday I had planned a slack 8km shuffle but once I was out there it just seemed so nice I changed my route and went exploring a little. I took a few paths along the coastal trail that I haven't taken before and found a killer set of steps (about 80) at Sandringham beach that I had forgotten about. Twice up and down them got my heart and lungs screaming so I set off back along the trail and ventured down a footpath leading down to Half Moon Bay yacht club. Once down there, it is a tough road out - quite steep and straight bitumen and I haven't done it for a couple of years so I pressed on up seing how fast I go. Felt as if my lungs were going to burst once at the top and eased back into a steady jog down hill along the coastal trail to Black Rock.

I put in a really strong surge going up Balcombe Rd hill going faster and faster as I got closer to the top. The hard stuff over I ran home along the side of the golf course and felt really alive.

With a 32 degree forecast down here today, the plan is to spend the afternoon with the wobblettes by a friend's pool - plenty of beer and snags while the kids wear themselves out sounds like a great way to spend the day after a hard run. Bring it on!

5 Comments:

At 11:08 AM, Blogger Jen said...

I'll be spending the day at my desk. Please have a snag & a beer for me!

What a tough - and great - run this morning Wobbly. GG has a contest on her hands!

J.

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger miners said...

Sounds like you gave yourself a good working over Wob!! Great to see how good you felt after the hill efforts.

Enjoy your city's big day down there (oh, and congrats on the great long run on the weekend too - you're putting in some pretty hard yards in the lead-up to the big challenge!)

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Stairs are good, but the BBQ and pool sound better ;-)

Sounds like a solid workout.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

Sounds like a great run Wobbly. Hope you enjoyed your day of leisure afterwards.

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Wobs...sounds like a great run. *hugs*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home