Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Lazy Tuesday

I have a string of excuses, but they are just that - excuses. Basically this morning (after a scheduled rest day) I felt like my legs were still weary so I thought it best to take a conservative approach and insert another rest day into my week. 50ks in a week seems like my maximum at the moment and I am happy with that - my ageing body needs to get used to it - before upping the intensity like I did last week. My shins also have been reminding me over the last few days that they will not put up with being abused too much and I definitely don't want to go back there!

With Go Girls nominated 10k race being SMC on 20 November (just a week and a half away) I will have to start praying to the weather gods for an ugly day up there! My race is not until 11 December so I will have the luxury of knowing what time I need to beat (apart from my 49:33) although I remember last year my race was unusually warm and a bit windy.

Tomorrow will be a nice easy pace 15k run along the Coastal Trail for me. I always enjoy that one.

3 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, Blogger miners said...

she's a cheeky one

Seems a few of us are having a day or two off right now. Of course, we're not actually involved in this 10km challenge either - hope you've got yourself covered ...

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Carolyne said...

I refuse to believe the 'ageing body' remark ~ you're just a young buck WM!

Don't take too much cheek from that girl. Rest is good when your body says so!

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

Hmmm. Team Wobbly is watching this blog very closely WM. I expect a good return for my investment.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home