Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Windy Wednesdays

Being slack I didn't run on Tuesday as planned so I went out this morning wanting to push it a bit. Met the apprentice 1/4 of the way around and we set off at a nice steady clip. On turning onto Beach Rd we spied a ponytail a fair way ahead and decided we would see is we could catch her. We ran at about 10k pace for 3-4kms into a strong wind and never did catch her although we did get closer. It sure was a solid effort to catch up just a bit.

We backed off for a while to get the breathing back under control and again pushed it while going up the last long hill on our Wednesday loop.

It was a good solid effort and a nice one to have in the bank. It seems like spring is really here - 18 degrees at 6:30am. My hayfever thinks so anyway!!

9.4kms untimed

Next run: Thurdsday Track - fartlek session

10K PB Blog Challenge update: I looked through the calender last night for a 10k race and there is just one that I could find - Sri Chinmoy Williamstown in early Dec. Its leaving my run (pun intended) a bit late as last year that was a very warm morning. I hope I can find one a little earlier but if not it will have just one shot at it only.

4 Comments:

At 7:49 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Was it a blond ponytail? ;-)

Go Wobbly Man go - I'm sure you will prevail in the great CR bloggers 10km PB challenge :-)

J.

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Carolyne said...

It always seems that guys are spurred on by having a ponytail to chase! Was it blond??!

Good luck for the CR 10k challenge - I'm sure that you can get the time you want. I'll be cheering you on (if if from afar).
:)

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger miners said...

Have you been stealing windy fartlek ideas from Kit?

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

A windy Wednesday for the Wobbly Man! Same here, Wobbly, & hot! I did some intervals & was a bit wobbly at the finish!

The way you're going, you'll be in 'peak' condition when we next meet...Canberra, 2006?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home