Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Wednesday's mid-week bliss

A cracker of a morning today and I got the best of it - from sunrise. Still, mild and cloudless. The birds were/are singing their heads off and the bay is like a sheet of glass. The bay is dotted with loads of little fishing boats all sitting just outside the marine park hoping for a good catch of snapper (I hear there are loads of them at the moment).

The run which was thankfully much more comfortable today but because of the weather the run became almost secondary while I was being absorbed into my surroundings. Watching the Spirt of Tasmania coming up the bay made me wonder if I should take a weekend off again and just do something for myself (I have been wearing my grouchy pants a bit too much lately).

Goal setting update: I am going to train for and run my first marathon in the first half of next year. I am undecided on if it will be the Great Ocean Road Marathon in May or Canberra in April. For the reminder of '05 I would like to reduce my new 10k PB a little further and keep up my 150kms per month.

9.4k 52:37

Next run: Thursday PM speed work

6 Comments:

At 10:46 AM, Blogger Gronk said...

A marathon in '06 WM ? Hmmm, exactly what I was sorta thinking last night too. :)

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger miners said...

damn - looks like huey has reversed the Melbourne-Port Mac weather balance. We're being poured upon from a very great height at the moment.

Glad you had such a great start to the day :)

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Good on you!! Aim for Canberra... I will see you there!
I have those exact same goals... fist marathon and better my 10km times

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Yay! I'm with Kit, go for Canberra. There are going to be so many CRs there, lots of them doing their first marathon too.

Think what a ball the after party will be!

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

I'm so glad to see you without your pants again, Wobbly (the grouchy ones that is).
I noticed you've gone all poetic again. That must be a good sign!

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Lulu said...

I'm sure you'll have a ball if you do Canberra as they'll be so many CRs around.. might make it a more fun event although the GOR would be by far the more scenic.

Thanks for you comment in my blog and to answer your question.. on the 6th interval I was just totally stuffed and the little voice in my head kept telling me to stop.. at least I didn't but it was tough to keep going.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home