Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Wednesday recovery

It was planned as an easy run this morning but I felt like I was dragging two spare tyres behind me the whole way! The gentle hills around my place felt like mountains.

The sun was out - it is 7 degrees and a perfect morning for running - its just a pity my legs didn't feel the same way. They feel very very depleted and although not very sore they are just tired "old man's legs".

I'm glad I got the legs ticking over again but am looking forward to my energy levels returning. I I have planned an easy week while I think of new running goals to set and I doubt I could do much else anyway.

9.4km 52:25

Next run: Friday 8kms (maybe)

4 Comments:

At 10:54 AM, Blogger Jen said...

I'm looking forward to hearing about the new goals!!

J.

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Katie said...

YES!!! I know exactly what you mean... I sometimes feel like I am running with someone strapped to my back! Those runs I usually have to grit my teeth and feel happy just to have finished :) I think more related to all your hard work... not old man legs :)

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Hey Wob, I think we all have days like this. But then again, you ran a half marathon on Sunday so don't be too hard on yourself!

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

Hey Wobbly, you'd better find the old man and give him his legs back. Hope your energy returns tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home