Thursday, October 06, 2005

Thursday track work - pyramid session

I arrived late to miss the warm up jog tonight so instead did four laps or so of the track to warm up. The wind tonight was positively arctic although after the first 300m I didn't notice it apart from thinking there was a headwind at each end of the track! Maybe I was running so fast that it really was a headwind each way? Hmm, that would be different!

300m, 400m 500m, 500m, 400m, 300m intervals were run with a 2 min break between each. My 400's were 2 minutes flat and my 300's were 91 (or therabouts). Tim stopped timing my 500's I think as I was too slow - either that or I was so deleriously tired I was unable to here his time call (probably the later when I think about it).

At least this time I managed a cool down lap - but used the excuse of having to head off early to change for tennis. Its nice to have gotten through my last hard work. Just a really easy 5k on Sat morning to go before the Melb Half now.

Aprox 6kms? 40mins

3 Comments:

At 9:36 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

Arctic winds....ouch! Hasn't anyone told the weather down there it's nearly summer? It was 38 degrees in Ippy today.
Good on you for training in it anyway!

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger miners said...

Of COURSE it was because you were running so fast wobbly! I tell myself that all the time too

 
At 12:55 AM, Blogger CJ said...

Good luck in the half - have a great run. I can definitely relate to the headwind at both ends of the track theory...and the deliriously tired feeling - part and parcel of track running isn't it?! Anyway look forward to hearing about your half!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home