Saturday, October 29, 2005

There was an old man...

...who swallowed fly!

Yep, that was the most memorable thing about my run this morning!

Up and out the door at 6:45am for a medium effort 6k but at about 1/3 into the run after tackling a hill I swallowed a fly!. Cough, spit, splutter (repeat x3)! After that I found my pace was slower and I was mentally distracted so I figured I better concentrate on something and put in some fartlek surges that lasted about 500m each and then backed off untill my breathing was back under control. I repeated this all the way home. I must do more of this it might toughen me mentally (my weakest component in my running).

As Lance Armstrong said in one of his books, "when I am not out there training - my competition is and they will be catching me" or words to that effect anyway. So Go Chick, I think I have you covered- today anyway!

Today: 6kms Untimed
Tomorrow: 23k LSD

3 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Blogger Lulu said...

You're going to swallow more flies? If it works I might take up that technique myself.. this little competition between you and GG is beginning to heat up!

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Think I'll stick to GU - I'm vegetarian ;-)

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Gronk said...

LOL. Yep I downed a fly on Saturday as well. Yuck. My son thought it was a hoot.

Nice long run mate. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home