Saturday, October 15, 2005

Saturday's guilt trip

Okay- I should have run on Friday morning but I have been sleeping so poorly and have been enjoying my week of relative rest so much I thiught hang it. Trouble is I had these guilt feelings all day about not having run.

Therefore I hoped aout of bed at 6:30 and enjoyed a beautiful 10.5k run along the bay. That is until I got to Rickett's Point (where the half mara started last weekend) and saw all the rubbish everywhere. I saw about 50+ empty gu sachets & empty drink bottles. I stopped and picked some up and dropped them in the bins which were all of about 10m away max and will keep doing this on morning runs for a while.

I felt embarrassed to be a runner this morning. Surely we can do better next year? I will drop a line to the MM organisers so they can be aware of the state of the area. I dare say local residents will have complained.

2 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Blogger Katie said...

Good on you Wobbly! I agree the rubbish is pretty poor! If we want big events for us to compete in we need to make sure that the local communities are given respect. Also a Gu sachet would be bad news for the local animals I am sure. The organisers should make sure we leave it as e found it.

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Carolyne said...

Don't be guilty Wobbly! Recovery is the most important element to training that we tend to ignore. You should follow your instinct and listen to how you feel (including not getting enough sleep).

Are you lazy? NO!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home