Thursday, October 27, 2005

Sandy Aths - speed work

Tonight torturous Tim was at the Inagrural Milers meet in Box Hill so I thought I was in for a semi-slack night of warm up , casual fartlek and then warm down. Grey Beard was onto my lark and quickly suggested we do some 400's with a 90 sec break between each. "Okay" I said - thinking "some" meant 3 or 4. "6" he promptly suggested and before I could mount a protest we were doing a 800m warm up after our 3k warm up!

400 #1 was okay = 95secs, #2 was hard = 95 secs, #3 was real tough = 95 secs, #4 was spent trying to trick myself into thinking there was only one more to go = 95secs, #5 was thinking okay I really only have to do 1 more = 95 secs, #6 was all out knowing it was the last = 90 secs!

Gasping for breath, I waved the boys off for the first warm down lap while I struggled to stand up and then did a warm down lap and then some stretches.

It was a really hard effort for me tonight and one that wasn't helped by the two pieces of cold pizza from the fridge before heading down there. But hey, if I am going to stay ahead of Go Girl I know I will have to put in some hard days (she has got age on her side).

Next run Sat AM: 8km Medium effort

(and for those asking after my previous post - it was a brunette pony tail)

1 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Wow, Mr Consistency.

GG has a battle on her hands :-)

J

 

Post a Comment

<< Home