Monday, October 24, 2005

Monday (nearly) long run

After the successful 5k wobble yesterday I decided to slack off for the rest of the day.

That meant that seeing as the Go Chick has accepted my 10k PB challenge I had better get off by lardy backside and put in some kms. I hadn't run since Wednesday.

This morning's longish run was down to Green Point along the coastal trail (my favourite run destination). I went easy out and having nor run for 4 days was completely niggle free! No slacking on the way home however so I came home hard with a 1 minute negative split over the 16-17 odd kms along the bay. The bay was picture perfect with loads of people walking, running and fishing etc. Just the lightest of breezes and loads of warm sunshine.

What more could a wobbly man want? Particularly when I have the day off with the kids? Only down side was I forgot to tape up and consequently have red raw nips. You know your alive when you hop in the shower afterwards let me tell you!

16.5km 1:39

Next Run: Tuesday AM 6km

5 Comments:

At 12:35 PM, Blogger Lulu said...

This little challenge is gaining momentum...I'm following it with interest!

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Ouch!!!

I bet you won't forget to tape up tomorrow morning :-)

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

Glad to hear you didn't slack off Wobbly. Don't you just LOVE days off?
Thanks for your advice about my blogging problem. :) I deleted the offending post and everything seems to be OK.

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, poor old Wobbly! Hope you're not so sore today. Must keep an eye on this 10km challenge!

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Ouch ouch ouch!!!! Hope all is feeling better! So what 10km race are you both targeting?

Remember, we are watching you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home