Saturday, September 17, 2005

Soggy Saturday

I intended to run a short tempo run this morning between bands of showers. Well thats what I intended anyway. I cought up to a similar age guy running and we ran together for a while and decided to extend the run along beach road.

Half way around the heavens opened up and it poured down. I have never run in rain that heavy before! I was soaked in seconds and the footpathes were awash!

Seeing as whichever way I went home from there was still about 6kms to go we kept going and finished absolutely saturated with soaked socks, shoes etc.

It was fun running with someone new though.

11.6kms 1:04 hrs

Oh yeah, and I clicked over 1,000 kms for the year so far this week! *takes a slight bow* Who would ever have thought I was capable of this? Certainly not me a year or so ago!

Next run: Sunday 21kms easy with the last 7kms at half mara pace (or at least thats what I intend to do..)

2 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

Hey Wobbly, congrats on making the 1000k milestone. (Or should that be the 600 and something kilometrestone)?
I'm glad to hear everything running related is going well.

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger CJ said...

That's impressive when you look at it like that - 1,000km! Well done!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home