Thursday, September 15, 2005

Sandy Aths Speed work

I have been talked into joining the Sandy Aths runners group on Thursday evenings. I knew there was something wrong when the Cool Runner who talked me into it doing this turned up in jeans saying he was not running tonight! Thanks a lot Cato!

Not sure how to desribe the training session but we started with a 2.5kms warm up jog. Then we ran 4 x 100 run throughs- gradually increasing the speed each time. Then we did what I think is described as a pyramid session - 300m, 400m, 500m then 500m, 400m, 300m all with 90 second walk breaks in between. I tried to trail Greybeard but didnt want to push too hard on a first session in case something broke!

My legs feel very worked and I am not looking forward to feeling them tomorrow. Surely a hard work out like that must have done some good - right?

2min 500's, 1:30 400's, 1 min 300's (I think) ?

Next run Saturday morning 10k

4 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, Blogger Cirque said...

I hope your legs feel OK today wobbly. I'm sure all that hard work will pay off.

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Tesso said...

Good on ya Wob! Trust me, the hard work is worth it. And its fun when you have somebody to chase ... or try to run away from.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

Speedwork. I sort of love it and hate it all at the once! Good luck with it and I'm looking forward to reading about how you're going!

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Ooh Wobbley, sounds like Runclub in Melbourne. Keep that up and you are going to have to change your name :-).

TA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home