Saturday, September 03, 2005

Pre father's day long run

I went out a little late this morning for my run hoping to get a long one in early in the month.

I ran along the bay enjoying the beautiful spring sunshine and was surprised to see so many runner out also. I guess I normally run pre-dawn and as a consequence dont see many runners.

I was caught up by a Carmen from Elwood who was on her long run return leg and we ran together for a while swapping running and running dog stories. It was great to enjoy some company for a while and take my mind off how tired I was feeling. I stopped for a stretch and a gel half way at Cafe Racer in St.Kilda and plodded on home - stopping at every drink fountail for a drink and a rest.

The last 8kms were a real struggle, I walked a couple of times but I am glad I did the distance (longest run so far) and am sure it will help my preparations for the Melb Half in October.

29kms 3:05:26 (painfully slow on the way back)

Next run: Monday am 8k

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home