Wednesday, September 21, 2005

All alone....

No apprentice and no Holly to run with this morning so it was a run where I enjoyed the surrounds and became aquainted with my new Brooks Adrenaline 6's.

It seems like its getting light at 5:30 now and by the time I hit the path that runs alongside the bay I could see the path quite easily. Might even try the coastal trail in a couple of weeks. (but that may dirty up my new shoes...)

The bay was like a sheet of glass and as I huffed and puffed my way along I felt like my strength was coming back (I have been feeling tired the last few weeks). The cool air combined with a near full moon was such a heady mixture I found myself running faster than I had planned and by the time I got home I realised I wasn't that far off a PB - and I wasn't feeling like I was pushing much at all! It was my second fastest run over the route anyway.

With a 10k race this weekend I will be trying to grab a PB. My current one is more than two years old and in my mind is quite "soft" at 51:03. Maybe I can give that 50min mark a good run? It would be quite an achievement for me to break 50mins this year. Especially after breaking the 1,000km mark for the year a week or so ago.

9.4km 50:53 (PB 49:54)

Next run: Friday 9.4k easy

2 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Blogger CJ said...

Maybe you could have a Chocoholic cocktail if you get a PB this weekend! Definitely worth it and great motivation!!!

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Lulu said...

I'm sure 50 mins is going to be history this weekend. Good luck and I look forward to reading all about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home