Sunday, August 21, 2005

Sunday's Long Wobble

After hastily sending an e-mail around earlier in the week to try and find someone to run with I was amazed to find 12 eager runners down at the Brighton Bathes this morning! Wow, the power of e-mail!

After holding up the faster runners a few of us opted to "retie shoe laces" letting the patient faster runners slip past and get going. Many drink stops later we turned around near the Beaumaris pub and headed for home. It was at about this point that I realised we had been running with a good tail wind all the way and that going home was going to be much tougher!

I tried every mind game I could think of while running into that headwind. From thinking I was a tennis raquet and the wind was just blowing through my strings to attempting to think I was a piece of steel - impervious to the wind's slowing effects - neither worked very well and we walked a little on the way back but finished strongly running the last 2kms.

I had a ball and even though I was mightily stuffed at the end of it I was glad we all got together and got out there to run together. Chatting to new friends on long runs sure makes the kms go quicker!

23.5kms (roughly) in 2:50 (or so).

Next run: Tuesday morning 9.4 (last longer run for Holly)

3 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

You're a brave man Wobbly. Hope the weather down there starts improving soon.

 
At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo, the fact it was about 23.5 (I said POINT FIVE) makes me feel marginally better about my aching limbs this morning. Thanks for keeping me company at the back Wobbly :-)

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Sounds like a fantastic way of spend a Sunday morning - a bit like last Sunday morning too ;-)

J

 

Post a Comment

<< Home