Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The odd angy run.... Tuesday 30/8

Okay, so I had a bad day at work where my boss caved on me instead of standing tall. I got home early to have two kids screaming at each other and I am still a little annoyed about my Sunday DNF.

Answer= go for a run! I set out on my six km loop (which I haven't done for a few months) and at the first turn I looked at my watch and thought hmm, must be angry I am going hard, by the time I get to the next turn I am still ahead and still thinking about my crappy day. Yada, yada, yada I get home and beat by previous PB by 20 seconds! Woohooo!!

I think I have now buried my weekend DNF well and truely and can put it behind me happily. To all who have offered kind words of encouragement - thank you - your support and wisdom has helped me keep my running in perspective!

5.9km 27:58

Next run Wednesday am 9kms easy (if the weather isnt as bad as forecast)

4 Comments:

At 9:01 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

Wobbly - it sounds as though you have a really healthy way of dealing with all those daily frustrations. I'm glad you can get rid of them all by running...(and blogging). Have a great week!

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Running really is the best way of dealing with frustration, itsn't it? I'm very glad to see that you have got your groove back after Sunday's disappointment.
J

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger miners said...

Hey - great run Dunc! I can just visualise you slamming your footstrike and shredding the last of your weekend's demons

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you're back up again, Wobbly! It's OK to have some 'down' time after a disappointment ( I know all about it!), but comes a time to get back up & go forward; so, what's the next goal? How's about Canberra marathon next April?? Great CR weekend!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home