Friday, August 05, 2005

3.7 degrees and I couldn't find my gloves...

Well lets just say my hands were so cold that they hurt for the majority of this run. I realised about a third of the way into the run that I had put them over an obscure heating vent in the lounge following a wash.

I ran an easy 35mins with Holly who doesn't seem to mind the cold at all but is now so excited about the propect of a run in the morning, that she wakes the rest of her house as we try and creep down the hallway to the front door. Her tail wags so profusely it slaps against the plasterboard walls.

Received an offer to run a pair of greyhounds each morning from a kindly old gent who was looking decidedly cold but otherwise it was an uneventful run. 1 x 600m interval just to stretch out little on the way home.

6.5kms 35.08

Next Run: Sunday 21.1km (Half on the park) Hoping for under 2hrs

7 Comments:

At 8:50 AM, Blogger miners said...

You did well to get through that run. I think the missing gloves would have sent me back to bed.

Best of luck for Sunday!

 
At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Wobbly, You know I'm hoping for under 2 hours too....am hoping you & the Lostboys can help me out there :-) I am trying to believe in the power of positive thinking. See you Sunday.

 
At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Edit: See you tonight at the CR drinks!

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck from me too, Wobbly! I'd say stick with Holly & let the old man run with the greyhounds!

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Good luck for the run on Sunday - will be interested to hear how it went.

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Good luck for Sunday. Sub 2 hours? Anyone who can run in that temperature can do anything! :-)

sfG

 
At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You Aussie runners don't know what cold is......3.7 degrees is quite tropical here. Our dog teams don't like it until it's at least -20c or more!

A Canadian W.M. fan.

Bob
President of the "Wobble Man" fan club, (Canadian contingent)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home