Sunday, July 31, 2005

What a difference great weather makes!

A good catch up over a couple of beers with my tennis buddies that I haven't seen for ages last night followed by a nice sleep in and a cuddle from the 5.5yo seems to have set the day up beautifully for a good run. Two slices of toast with mashed banana and honey washed down with a water bottle and a Panafen and I was off out the door at 9am.

The weather this morning is positively beautiful - 13 degrees sun and no wind - so it had to be along the bay today. The bay was at its glorious best, plently of sail boats heading out and lots of cyclists runners and walkers out enjoying the spring- like sunny conditions.

I intended to run at an easy pacee for the first half and then try and neg split on the way home but I ended up trying to catch a few other runners along the way and ended up with 1:01/1:03 splits. I threw in a 4min 800m on the way home for good measure (after bout 17kms)- and was really happpy I was able to keep that pace that late in a long run. Took a gel for a change and noticed the difference on the way home.

After yesterday's bike ride with the kids I feel really well exercised and ready for a nice shower and a snooze with the paper on the couch. I guess the kids will have othe plans though - oh well at least I can think it...

21.32km 2:04:45

Next run Tuesday 10k (tapering a little this week)

Shins are holding up fine with the slower pace runs I have been doing.

6 Comments:

At 7:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice report, Wobbly; especially the start to the day with 5.5yo!

Same here today for the weather; just too beautiful not to be out in it; aren't we the lucky ones? You had a good run, throwing in 800's at the end of a long run; I've not run further than 12km on any given day since the GC; plenty of time though to ake it easy before starting up again for Canberra next year; why don't you come across & do the marathon with us? You'll have a great time!

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

...Correction : "ake" should be "take" in the above comment! Oh dear!

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Maybe it was the start time, rather than the weather, that made the day so good. The times you normally leave home to run are horrendous!! :-):-)

sfG

p.s. only 2 weeks to C2S. I'm getting excited :big grin:

 
At 8:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Wobbly....your times seem to be getting quicker. I'll be too slow for you now :-( Keep up the good work :-)

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hello Wobbly my dear. Remember me...used to hang out on MSN a lot ;-)

What a lovely description of a lovely day.

Say hi to Anna for me.

Only 13 days to go! Roll on c2s!

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Robert Song said...

You must have the same make of couch as mine. These days as soon as I get on mine I go to sleep .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home