Sunday, July 03, 2005

Sunday's long run

Up early at 7am for a long run with Greybeard and another new route for me again which was nice.

The first 10kms were at an easy pace - the second 10kms we seemed to find a really good rythm and the last 6 kms were a bit of a struggle for me. We made it though and one thing that is for sure is that if I was running alone I would not have made it! Thanks Rob!!

This was the longest run I have done both in distance and certainly in time. We stopped and gawked at local tourist sights, walked at the drink fountains and chatted with an an old friend of Rob's so our average pace was a bit slow. My legs feel very weary and I am so looking forward to a shower and breakfast. I feel kinda proud of myself being able to run for that long.

26kms, 3hrs 5 mins

Next run Tuesday morning: 5.9kms

4 Comments:

At 7:02 PM, Blogger RunDave said...

Don't get me wrong, 20km is a long run, but I would like to be running further at this time of the year (or 20km should be easier).

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Congratulations Wobbly on your longest run yet!! J

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

We're all proud of you too Wobbly!
That's a fantastic distance.

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Wobbly, I remember feeling like you just like it was only a few months ago (mainly because it *was* only a few months ago that we did our first 20k run :-)

The thing that staggers me is that now we seem to go and do that most Sundays and still have enough left for a sprint home. It's amazing how quickly it get easier (as long as you continue to take it slowly).

sfG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home