Friday, July 15, 2005

Friday's 5:45 struggle

Too much TdF last night meant it was a struggle again to get up and out again.

The only thing interesting about today's run really was me going a gutser along the footpath when I caught a raised bit of pavement. A rather spectacular tumble was witnessed by the garbage man with a couple of elongated stumbles as I nearly caught my overbalancing torso until I went down onmy hand and then opposite knee. One bruised ego and a little gravel rash on one hand later and I regained by composure (thanks to a couple of "helpful" licks from Holly later) and finished the run.

9.4km 54:20

Next run Sunday: 21.1kms

5 Comments:

At 8:25 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Oh, Wobbly. I'm sorry to hear about your fall this morning; I hope you are OK. Lucky Holly was there to look after you ! J

PS Too much TdF for me too...isn't it sensational!

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh!, a 'gutser on the footpath'? Poor Wobbly! Ego hurts more than the gravel rash though, doesn't it?

After the GC marathon I'd thought of changing my name to Wobblylegs, but after reading of your fall, I think I'll just stick with the 'Lucky' bit!

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

Gee Wobbly - we're a clumsy lot aren't we?
Hope you didn't hurt yourself too much.

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Hope you're feeling okay after your fall - doesn't help when it happens in front of other people, even if it was just the garbage man!

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

Owwww, you poor thing - I like the term 'gutser' though LOL - I shall have to remember that (though I hope not to have occasion to use it!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home