Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Wednesday running with the stars

A chilly start greeted me this morning with only 7.4 degrees + effort to keep me warm. Two t-shirts, tights and a cap kept me warm enough but I should have worn gloves.

The only thing great this morning at 5:30 were the stars. It was a cloud free morning and I couldn't see a moon so the stars were just brilliant. Nothing else special about the run this morrning - just another "one in the bank" I guess.

My shins have played up a bit after the long one last Sunday but seem to have settled and I hardly felt them while running this morning. A bit of neurofen gel helped them I think - that and rest. I didn't feel the need to ice.

I am coming into a training phase that has more speed and hill work> I am looking forward to that as I feel I am getting even slower.

Shin pain: 1/5, Distance: 9.4kms, Time:52:54
Next run Friday - 6km hit out.

3 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Glad to see that your shins are settled down again. Onward and upward Wobbly !

 
At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done for getting up early and revelling in the starlight, Wobbly. Wish I could get motivated enough to leave the cosiness of the bed ... I'm sure it would be worthwhile.

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nothing, but nothing is worth getting out of bed early these cold mornings! You are a very brave Wobbly Man!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home