Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Wednesday running under a fool moon

Walking outside this morning with Holly I thought I must be foolish. It was 6.4 degrees but at least it wasn't windy or raining. Holly the lab was keen so we set off on our Wednesday 9.4km loop. Just some scattered high level cloud remained after last night's rain and the full moon seemed to be just bursting with light.

We kept up a comfy pace going of about 6min/kms and we picked up my apprentice along the way while trying to keep my heart rate down below 155 which apart from a couple of long hills where it got to about 165 I think we achieved it pretty well.

Holly was terrific company and stayed by my side the whole way. She loves coming along and its nice to have her runn8ig alongside of me. I might take her with me on Friday as she seems like she could keep the pace up for a lot further.

Next run: Friday morning 12km

4 Comments:

At 4:24 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

Good on you Wobbly. You have such a great way of describing nature you manage to make early morning runs tempting in spite of the cold.
By the way - I think we need a photo of Holly on the blog soon.

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

A really nice post, Wobbly, where I can easily see you & Holly running together; such great company, aren't they & love us unconditionally....mine love me to bits & think I'm absolutely wonderful!

GC not far away! Getting excited? Me too!

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Carolyne said...

I agree that it was a brilliant moon today Wobbly Man. You are very fortunate to have such a good running partner. Keep enjoying the crisp mornings!

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

True Wobbly re the cold day....max 10C; but the movie was not the best choice just days out from running a marathon! Based on a true story of a quadriplegic Spaniard & his nearly 30 years of fighting for permission to end his life....grim!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home