Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Tuesday morning's foggy folly

It was easy getting out of bed this morning after another good nights sleep. My sleep patterns seem to be getting better just lately.

Holly was beside herself jumping up and down at the prospect of coming out so out we went - rugged up (me at least - she already is) and into a heavy fog.

Outside this morning was like a scene from an old Jack the Ripper movie - I couldn't see the bay at all. It was just the path in front disappearing into the fog and the yellowy glow of the next couple of street lights.

I didn't feel comfortable today while runnning - not sure if it was my calves still being a little tight or last night's dinner (pig-fest on my part) but I just felt a bit uncomfortable most of the way. I have a very slight sore throat so I hope I am not coming down with something.

While running I was thinking of all me friends going to Gold Coast this year and how they will be doing their last few runs this week. I wish I could be joining them all. Next year I will make it I hope.

9.4 kms in 53:49 6.4 degrees and 98% humidity

Next run: Wednesday morning 9.4k with the apprentice (and Holly)

5 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Blogger Jen said...

I love the pictures you paint of your runs Wobbly. Look after yourself and I hope that you aren't coming down with anything. Thank you for your very kind offer to pace Owl & I at C2S. I'm really looking forward to (finally) meeting you. J

PS Hopefully we can both run at GC next year !

 
At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a shame you won't be at the GC, but I'm sure we'll bore you senseless with all the details so you'll feel like you were there! I think I need to borrow Holly to get me through these cold morning runs!

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

We all wish you could be there too Wobbly. The CR chat room team won't be complete without you.

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well, I thought you were going to be at the GC, Wobbly! Where on earth could I have got that idea? Must have made it up. Yes, it will be a great time with all the CRs meeting up once again; it makes such a difference going to races now. Next year then for sure for you!

You're right about seeing a "light" movie for a change...maybe "Jack the Ripper" you spoke of??!! Hope you don't come down with a cold or worse; thank goodness, I've avoided all that nonsense for now. Send a powerful magic spell my way on Sunday!

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Carolyne said...

Yep, be careful of that throat . . . it has a habit of sneaking up on you when you least expect it.

I am impressed with your (or is it really Holly's?) resolve to continue out in a pea-souper, not at all easy.

It is difficult to think about all the CR community at the Gold Coast - maybe next year for us both!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home