Sunday, June 05, 2005

Sunday's looong run

This morning I didn't really feel that motivated but fortunately had committed already to run with Greybeard so out the door I went at 6:50am. It was darn cold this morning and I soon realised that I should have taken some gloves with me. With tights on and a singlet under my long sleeve running shirt I managed to keep the chills away from the rest of me anyway.

Rob had planned a 23km run today on a route I hadn't run before. Not having run past 22 before I confess to being a little apprehensive but the new route kept my mind thinking of other things and my eagle eyes enjoyed surveying the golden sunrise.

At the turnaround I was feeling pretty ordinary as we went out a bit on the fast side for me but half way back I was feeling good and it was only the last two or three kms that I felt leg weary.

It was great to run with Rob - he keeps my pace honest and I didn't know that running path existed until this morning.

The quest for the perfect banana pancake is about to continue.... boy am I hungry!

Time 2:25.00, Distance 23.5kms, Shin Pain 2/5. Next run: Tuesday or Wednesday

2 Comments:

At 2:27 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Way to go Wobbly on your llloooonnnnggggeeessstttt run ;-) And when you find the world's best banana pancakes, let me know !! PS off to the Lindt cafe for recon this afternoon.....

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

I have a new goal - not to feel wobbly during the last kilometres of a long run! Why does that happen? Good luck with the shins - I've had that problem recently but it's gradually disappearing (touch wood).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home