Sunday, June 26, 2005

Sunday long run

A blissful sleep in this morning ended abruptly when I looked at the clock and it was 8am - the agreed time to meet up with GreyBeard! After franticly running around the house collecting gear I was into the car and chasing him down. He had already met up with Cato so I parked the car and joined them.

Fortunately I only missed 18 minutes of runnning and we headed off and at a good clip for me (probably too slow for Cato, just right for Greybeard and a bit fast for me). Although I didn't feel like I could make the whole planned 24kms it was great to push myself a little the whole way to get used to running with a little discomfort. My last few long runs have been at easy paces so it was good to get some pace back into my run. The time flew by. The bay was at its beautiful best with the odd sailing boat and the cool sunlight reflecting off the ripples on the water. It was 5.6 degrees when I got back home - I guess it was a little cooler when we were running but it didn't feel like it. It was really nice to see so many other runners out today enjoying the morning.

I enjoyed the run this morning even though I was probably out of my ideal long run HR zone for most of the way. A good long run to put in to the bank

Run: Apr 21kms 2hrs

Next run: Tuesday morning 6km

4 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I have this picture in my head of you jumping into clothes while running down the hall and muttering the f word (al la four weddings and a funeral)

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Carolyne said...

I love the way that your appreciation of the moon, the bay, the sunlight is described in your blogs . . . more please.

A good run, although not one to do too often. Listen to your body during the week, wm.

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Jen said...

The best of both worlds Wobbly - a sleep-in and a great run on a beautiful morning with great company. It doesn't get much better than that, does it ?

 
At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wobbly Wobbly, sounds like you needed a sleep in, or was it just that you were dreaming of... hmmm

Glad you enjoyed your run, and like others in this Blog, love they way you desribe so elegantly the atmosphere of running, leaving out the pain and suffering you must endure as you chug along! You really are brave Bro!

Love Ali :o) (Sister - non jogger, artistic type with no talent for physical activity what so ever)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home