Sunday, June 12, 2005

Sunday long run

Armed with a mild overhang this morning I set off in a foreign suburb to find the home of Slojo. After waking some friendly (and some not so friendly) people who also live in streets next to SloJo's and have the unfortunate luck to also live at the same number house as Jo, I finally found her ready and eager to run.

Pretending to be feeling fine I set off with SloJo and we quickly settled into a comfy pace and enjoyed the morning sun and the surrounds of the Williamstown Half again. The weather was sunny, the temperature mild and I found the longer I ran the less seedy I was feeling.

Before we new it we were on the home stretch and I was feeling a bit sad that the run was soon to be over. Exactly 1hr 45 mins after we started we finished in Sunny Williamstown and following a quick stretch we were met by a beaming George (Slojo's partner) who had been out for his first 30 min run. Well done George!

It was a great run with good company and one I will remember. Apart from the last bit where SloJo realised she had excess energy reserves and tried to burn me off, we maintained a steady pace and my head and shins are glad for that.

Next run Monday - 10k easy with 3kms at 5 km pace.

Shin pain 1/5, I am feeling strong again and looking forward to getting some speedwork in to bring down my sustainable long run pace a little.

2 Comments:

At 10:30 PM, Blogger Robert Song said...

WobblyMan,
You said "I am feeling strong again and looking forward to getting some speedwork in to bring down my sustainable long run pace a little."

There was an interesting link on a CR thread last week that talked about this issue. Link is: http://www.ffh.us/cn/hadd.htm

I know it is a bit long but it is easy to understand and worth the effort. It explains how to bring down your sustainable long race pace and it is not by doing speedwork.

Of course there are lots of different training paths and you have to find one that suits you, but this is worth a read.

Robert Song

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Sounds like a lovely way to spend a Sunday morning. I'm very happy to hear that your shins are feeling good ! J

 

Post a Comment

<< Home