Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Slow and lethargic

Well it felt that way anyway...

I woke in the middle of the night bathed in sweat and feeling like I had a temperature or something but when the alarm went off I didn't feel too bad so went out for my usual Wednesday run, meeting the apprentice 1/4 the way around. Actually I think Andrew has become faster than me already - just not over distance yet.

It wasn't too cold this morning. 10.4 degrees and no wind with 78% humidity.

I felt really slow and lethargic the whole way round - even on the down hills I struggled to keep my leg turnover up. 2 mins slower than normal over the 9.5kms and it felt like it.

There were bazillions of cyclists out this morning - one pack, breaking the morning quiet that rode past us along Beach Road, had about 50 in it. Maybe its the start of their serious training season as there is not normally that many out at 6am on beach normally. The seem to just "whoosh" by and the chatter and whirring soon disappears allowing my quiet to return.

Only caught a quick glimpse of Sid (the evil paper delivery man) this morning - no doubt he is planning something dastardly for me to trip over or scare me.

Shin pain 1/5, calf stiffness 2/5, Energy levels 2/5

2 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I recommend red wine and chocolate; a very wise man suggested it to me and guess what, it works !!!

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well, Wobbly, I'm going to get cross with you! You woke during the night "bathed in sweat"....didn't that tell you something? Like maybe you should rest? And then at the end, energy level 2/5 after 9.5km? And 2mins slower than normal?

Poor Wobbly, I don't mean to be cross really, but the Chickybabe blogger does worry when you do things like this! I wonder how you're feeling now and if you rested today?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home