Monday, June 13, 2005

Monday recovery run

A blissful sleep in this morning after some terrible nights sleep this week. An e-mail from greybeard met me with a suggestion for an "easy" 12k this morning.

Now let me say that (as a slow runner) I have never found any run with Rob to be "easy" but as I was still feeling strong after yesterday's 17k I felt up to it. We ran the coastal path where we could and chatted away observing a Tawny Frogmouth owl and a Kestrel. The bird life in Beaumaris is plentiful this time of year.

Once again the run was over before we knew it and I have another solid run in the bank to start the week. Shins are feeling okay (a little tender but not needing ice or additional rest days) so far. The extra rest days this last week have helped them a lot.

Next Run: Wednesday 9.5k with the apprentice (might push him a bit if I am feeling strong still.

2 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I hope that photo is how you look only after having a succession of terrible sleeps, Wobbly! A sleep in is a good start to the week....enjoy it while you can!

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Lulu said...

Sounds like a lovely run, and time to admire the wild life as well..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home