Friday, June 03, 2005

Friday Run with the Holly dog

5:30am and Holly desperately wanted to come on the run so I popped my new flashing red bike light onto my cap, turned the GPS unit on and out the door we bounced with our tails wagging.

I decided to take the GPS unit this morning as I have only ever guessed my current morning circuit at 9.5km - it is actually 9.32.

It was cloudy and dark this morning with a winter chill hanging in the air. I coaught a glimpse of what there was of the moon - a tiny waning crescent but mostly it was behind the low cloud. The bay was inky today and still and there was a light misty kind of fog hanging over the water - a bit San Francisco bay like.

Holly breezed along really happily the whole distance and didn't lag behind at all - I suspect she could go further but will keep her at this max distance for a while (because I am lazy).

I enjoyed this morning's run - next run Sunday long run (18kms).

Time 55:49 (slow), Shin pain 1/5, Current Energy levels 4/5, Current Appetite: 5/5!!

2 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Wasn't the moon beautiful this morning ! I was watching it at 5.45am while I was waiting for the bus. How lucky are we - to be able to see and appreciate such sights in peace and quiet while the rest of the world sleeps the morning away. Bliss. J

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Aki said...

Holly sounds like she should be racing the greyhounds in no time. Watch out for that dog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home