Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Why I am not running

The eye surgeon said to stop running for two weeks - well two weeks are nearly up and I didn't run for 5 days prior. I ran around the garden on the weekend with the Holly dog and my shin pain came back very quickly. Its not shin splints so I am resting them as much as possible. I will go for an easy, slow, long one (16k) on the weekend and see how I pull up after that. I want to get a couple of long runs in before the Williamstown half. If I don't run soon I will have to pull out of that one too. After missing this year's Puffing Billy I don't really want to miss another race I had "ear-marked" myself to run - most were new ones and picked because I wanted to run new or fun races.

My "new" eyes are just wonderful and I have had vurtually no side effects from the laser work. I count myself a very lucky man to been able to get them done!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home