Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Wednesday morning

5:30am - It was easy getting out of bed - I wanted to run this morning. Wednesdays I usually run with my "apprentice" and his back is now better so we went out for an easy recovery run. It was about 14 degrees and a little windy- the wind felt odd as over the last couple of months it has been very still inthe mornings. There was a clear sky and a beautiful full moon this morning. Bright and white and happy. With my new eyes I noticed that I can see the craters much clearer than before and almost tripped over a couple of times while gazing upward instead of looking where I was going.

The plan was not to run too hard. It was just on the uphill parts where we stopped talking briefly. 54:53 = 9.5km

The evil newspaper delivery man (i have named him Syd - after the character in Toy Story) nearly caught me towards the end of my run - I could here the thumps getting closer and closer as I turned into my street.

Shin pain = mild

I seem to be enjoying my running more at the moment - not quite sure why?

1 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's incentive like your description of the moon etc that I need to get me up and out for morning runs, WM! I seem to be congenitally unable to rise early.

Good to hear that the shins are ok after the weekend. Thanks for your company at Williamstown ... for me it was a nice change to be able to run with someone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home