Sunday, May 15, 2005

Sunday morning - long run

Well it was kinda long anyway. I headed out at 10am after a lovely espresso (thanks to Mrs WM),two slices of toast with mashed banana and the Sunday paper (bliss) in bed. I guess Mrs WM is well disposed to me after she stayed overnight at her best friends while I entertained and fed the kids. :)

The run was uneventful and comfortable - I almost neg split 40:21, 40:52 for the 14+kms along the bay on the coastal trail. I found a new bit of trail behind the Sandy footy oval that has wonderful views over the yacht club and hardly anyone seems to use it.

The yachties looked like they were in for a long day with hardly a breathe of wind this morning but they were all heading out nonetheless as its such a beautiful morning today.

After getting home and after cooling down I took the kids jogging around the block twice as they have decided they want to do enter the 5km Sri Chinmoy run at Como Landing in 5 weeks time. I hope they stay as enthusiastic as they are at the moment. I am so looking forward to entering and running it with them.

Will head down the beach with the dog and the kids on the bike later and give my legs a bit of a soak to help prevent any inflamation on my shins.

3 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

Sounds lovely. Glad to hear the shins seem to have settled down.

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Sounds like a perfect day WM. I love your descriptions of the scenery. Sounds like a beautiful course. How happy you must be that the kids are showing an interest in running - you are a perfect role model for them.

 
At 9:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi WM - looking forward to seeing you and running at least some of the way with you on Sunday. CL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home