Friday, May 13, 2005

Golf = cross training right?

I didn't run today as originally planned as I had a corporate golf day to attend.

Today, as I went from one side if the fairway to another and back again, I concluded that golf - while a very pleasurable game from an aesthetic point of veiw would need me to practice too much to become even slightly good at it.

Instead, I think its a lovely, relaxing way to take in some nature and enjoy some low impact exercise (4hr walk). Particularly in this beautiful Autumn weather we are having. I also realised today that for some odd reason I am not the slightest bit competitive at golf (in a mental way). I have little desire to score better or improve (that is a bit odd for me).

The golf day concluded with semi formal dinner, a couple of light beers and two glasses of wine. A really enjoyable day!

Maybe I will do my long run tomorrow instead of Sunday...

1 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Rather you than me! Golf ruins a good walk I think ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home