Friday, May 20, 2005

The Friday 5:30 folly

Well, I have always suspected that I wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed but this morning I confirmed it to myself. Knowing I was planning a 6k run I set my alarm for the 5:30 (my 10k run alarm time) and went to sleep. Why I didn't set it half an hour later is beyond me. Beep! Beep! Beep! I look at the alarm and lay in bed wondering what it would have been like to sleep for another half hour and then decide to get my gear on and take Holly the wonder dog out with me.

My 6k loop runs around Royal Melbourne golf course and is very quiet and often poorly lit. It was darn cold and clear this morning but Holly was overjoyed about coming out with me and this helped me enjoy the run which I palnned to do at a firm pace.

The evil paper delivery man had already been around this part of the suburb this morning, throwing his rolled up, platic wrapped bad news into driveways and onto the footpath for people to unwittingly trip over on and twist and ankle.

The sky was clear and the stars were beautiful this morning. Holly (the eternally happy lab) was happy to be out and kept up really well - no need for me to slow for her in the last third. It was bloody cold though! Its time to get the running gloves and beanie out of the bottom draw I'm afraid.

Next run: Williamstown Half on Sunday

Temp = 4.2 Humidity 93%

2km Splits: 10:54, 11:32, 10:01

4 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Dear Wobbly, I am very jealous about your red wine and chocolate last night. I had to settle for water and a bubble bath. Would have much prefer chocolate and red wine. Good luck on Sunday; I'll be sending you speedy-Gonzalez thoughts !

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Wobbly...if you hear us cheering on the SMH runners on Sunday (surely you will as there are enough of us!) know that some of that cheering is also for you and the other Williamstown Half runners. Best of luck my lampish friend.

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger Aki said...

Not the only one reaching for the warm gear!

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger miners said...

Best of luck Wobbly and thanks for your comments on my blog. Hope the weather isn't too cool for hte race - it' a little chilly here I must admit although the weather today was perfect.

Look forward to your race report

 

Post a Comment

<< Home