Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Foggy Fun at 5:30am

This morning's run was planned to be easy and was really just for getting the legs turning over for an hour. It was just that and now there is just one more run (Friday) before the Williamstown Half.

It was very foggy this morning and each exhale made a big plume of vapour. The kid came out of me for a while as I tried to look like a steam strain blowing my exhales upward while going up a hill like a stoked-up steam train. It was very quiet and almost surreal running throught the heavy fog around the golf course and there was just the odd internal house light on to remind me I wasn't the only one awake in Melbourne.

My apprentice has back problems so didn't turn up so I ran alone today. I soaked up the atmosphere and really enjoyed the solitude. Aside from a few cyclists along Beach Road the suburb was pretty much mine. I left it to the the newspaper delivery man who seemed intent on following me for the last km or so breaking my solitude with the thud of rolled newspapers arriving in people's driveways.

57:50 over my usual 55:00 run was nice and easy. My right shin reminded me it wasn't happy about 2/3rds of the way through but will ice it tonight.

Temp = 8.1 98% humidity

2 Comments:

At 5:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love the pictures you paint with your words. Sounds magical...but cold! Brrrrrrrr

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Jen said...

You have a way with words Wobbly ! Good luck on Sunday; I'll be sending you good - and speedy - thoughts ! (and thank you for your comment on my blog - it made me laugh out loud) :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home